How on earth can a Reflexologist help with Infertility -Isn't it just a lovely foot massage?
Well there are many reasons why Fertility Reflexology might be a great choice for you when you are trying to have the baby of your dreams.
It can help you to de-stress about infertility, switch off your thoughts about getting pregnant, open yourself up to deep relaxation, and walk out the door feeling much lighter than when you walked in. But it can also do much much more that just rub your feet and take away the tension and soothe your sore feet...
Fertility reflexology can assist with boosting your fertility and other reproductive health conditions. As part of your treatment, after discussing your health concerns with you and where you are at in your cycle, I will target specific points on your feet (called reflex areas) by using specific pressure techniques.
These pressure points are like a guide map of your whole body for those that are professionally trained in Reflexology for fertility. Reflexology teaches us that by working these pressure points can also work with various organs, glands, and parts of your body involved with reproduction & conception.
This way we can work with your cycle and where you are at from week to week for maximum results-how amazing is that? And the best part is that you will walk away feeling like a million bucks at the same time!
So you could say that Reflexology works by stimulating the body's natural healing processes and can help bring you back into balance.
In pre-Conception, Fertility Reflexology helps to;
* regulate your menstrual cycle (particularly important when you are trying to conceive if you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) or Endometriosis
* work your endocrine system (balancing hormones)
* stimulate ovulation (by working reflexes associated with the ovaries and fallopian tubes)
* remove toxins (by targeting reflexes of the liver and large intestine)
* support healthy mucous membranes (through lymphatic system stimulation) * assist with painful periods (by targeting the spine and lower back reflexes)
* provide emotional support & well-being
* give you a well-deserved break from the worry and stress of infertility (providing an ideal environment for conception)
* holistically support women undergoing IVF
How many Fertility Reflexology sessions should I have? Regular treatments over 3 cycles (roughly 3 months) are recommended to get your body into its best possible state for conception to occur. For the first four weeks, two sessions a week are recommended (or weekly) followed by weekly sessions ideally just before ovulation or before egg transfer for assisted reproduction such as IVF.
Can Reflexology assist with IVF or Assisted Reproductive Techniques? Working alongside your medical program, Reflexology works well alongside your treatments when undertaken at the appropriate times. For instance, Reflexology is not undertaken after eggs are transferred to the uterus for IVF, and treatments are recommended as below: * Two treatments in between menstruation and ovulation (prior to ovulation)
* During artificial hormone stimulation, no treatments
* In the week leading up to egg retrieval
* After egg retrieval (while egg is being fertilised) and prior to insemination